Fulfill the Mitzvot of Purim
Add your Greetings to Sisterhood's Shalach Manot bags
Everyone love's Sisterhood's Shalach Manot gift bags. But not everyone knows how easy it is to participate and fulfill this Mitzvot of Purim.
What is it?
It is a tradition to give gifts of food on Purim. Every year, Sisterhood prepares and distributes Shalach
Manot gift bags to each local GHC family - members, honorary members, Sisterhood Only Members, GHC
Staff, and Non-members with Children in our Nursery School, Religious School or Toddler Program. Plus -
Purim greeting cards are sent to those who live out of town, i.e. Florida, college campuses, NYC, Long
Island, etc. Each bag and card includes a customized list of sponsors, those whose contribution made that
bag possible. Every GHC family receives a gift bag or card.
How can I participate?
1. Sponsor bags for friends, GHC professionals, teachers and staff, people who have sponsored bags for you in the past, people with whom you sit on committees, families of your children's friends, anyone you wish to remember in this special way. The cost is only $1.75 per family. You name will appear on only the bags you sponsor. Lots of bang for very few bucks. (All bags are Kosher – Nut-free bags are available only if ordered in advance.)
2. Be a macher - Sponsor the bags for the entire congregation for only $300!
3. Purchase gift packages for your loved ones or friends who are not members of the GHC family. You pick these up at the GHC and deliver them at your leisure.
4. Volunteer to deliver a bag or two to GHCers who cannot visit GHC during the Megillah reading or Purim carnival. This is an especially meaningful activity for families with young children.
5. Pick up your Shalach Manot bag at the Purim Carnival on March 4th and/or Megillah reading on March 9th
Not only can you send to your family and friends at GHC, but you can also sponsor a bag for a Veteran at Montrose Veteran's Home. See Order Form for details.
Download Member lists - requires GHC login*
OK, now what?
The Deadline to return the order form and lists is THURSDAY FEBRUARY 9TH
Sisterhood wishes you and your family a joyful Purim!
*problems with Member login? contact email@example.com